What is Stephen Ministry?
Sugar Grove's Stephen Ministry equips members to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
What Is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
- Someone who listens.
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs.
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say-and even your identity-confidential.
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT…
- A counselor or therapist.
- A problem-solver.
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores.
- A casual visitor.
Stephen Ministers Are There to Care
Are you going through a difficult time--emotionally, spiritually, or relationally? Are you lonely, experiencing a crisis, or simply stressed by everyday life? You don't have to suffer alone. Our Stephen Ministers are trained caregivers, ready to listen, care for and encourage you, pray with and for you, and provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to help you through whatever it is that you are facing.
The Stephen Ministry logo,
with the broken person behind
the cross and the whole
person in front of the
cross, symbolizes that we
are all broken people and
that it is only through the cross
of Jesus that we are made whole.
Stephen Ministers will help guide you
in your journey from brokenness to
Stephen Ministry web site.
If you would like more information about becoming a Stephen Minister or locating a Stephen Minister to provide Christian care during a difficult time in your life please use the following form.